A Culinary Delight for Health Enthusiasts:
In today’s fast-paced world, finding a dish that is both delicious and nutritious can be a challenge. Enter the Skinny Chicken Broccoli Casserole – a culinary masterpiece that strikes the perfect balance between taste and health. This dish is not just another casserole; it’s a testament to the fact that healthy eating doesn’t mean compromising on flavor. With its rich, creamy texture and a delightful blend of ingredients, it promises a gastronomic experience like no other.
A Dish with a Story:
Every dish has a story, and the Skinny Chicken Broccoli Casserole is no exception. Originating from the kitchens of health enthusiasts who were determined to create a dish that was both flavorful and beneficial, this casserole has quickly become a favorite among families. It’s the kind of dish that evokes memories of warm family dinners, laughter around the dining table, and the comforting aroma of a freshly baked casserole wafting through the home.
Perfect for Every Occasion:
Whether it’s a casual family dinner, a potluck with friends, or a special occasion, the Skinny Chicken Broccoli Casserole fits the bill. Its versatility is one of its biggest strengths. Pair it with a fresh salad for a light summer meal or with some crusty bread on a chilly winter evening; it’s bound to be a hit. Moreover, its presentation is sure to impress, making it a star dish for any gathering.
Skinny Chicken Broccoli Casserole
1 small onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 8-oz pkgs. sliced mushrooms
2 cups uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
1 16-oz package steam-in-bag broccoli florets
1 5.3-oz container fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup Mexican style cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray a 2-qt. casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 4. How to Prepare
- Cook broccoli in microwave according to package directions and set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms, cooking until mushrooms start to tenderize.
- Add the cubed chicken and cook until fully cooked. Drain any excess liquid if necessary.
- Sprinkle flour over the chicken and mushroom mixture, stirring constantly for a minute.
- Pour in the milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the cooked broccoli and heat for about a minute.
- Add yogurt, mayo, salt, and pepper, stirring lightly to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and the edges are bubbly.