Grandma’s Cherry Delight Dessert Recipe
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped (or you can use an 8 oz tub of whipped topping)
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- Prepare the Crust:
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Prepare the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and continue beating until well combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream (or whipped topping) until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the prepared crust.
- Add the Topping:
- Spoon the cherry pie filling over the cream cheese layer, spreading it out evenly.
- Chill and Serve:
- Cover the dessert with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- When ready to serve, cut into squares and enjoy!
- You can substitute the cherry pie filling with other fruit fillings like blueberry, strawberry, or raspberry, based on your preference.
- For a lighter version, you can use low-fat cream cheese and a sugar substitute.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings or fresh cherries for an added touch.