Broccoli Chicken Divan is not just any casserole; it’s a delightful blend of flavors and textures that has stood the test of time. Originating from the Divan Parisien Restaurant in the early twentieth century, this dish has become a household favorite. With its creamy, cheesy sauce, tender chicken, and fresh broccoli, it’s a comfort food that never disappoints. Whether you’re looking to reminisce about old family dinners or introduce a new generation to this classic, Broccoli Chicken Divan is sure to hit the spot.
Broccoli Chicken Divan
Fresh broccolit3 cups, chopped
Boneless chickent3 breasts, cooked and sliced
Cream of chicken soupt1 can (10.75 oz)
Lemon juicet1 tablespoon
Cheddar cheeset1 cup, shredded
Bread crumbst1/2 cup
Melted buttert2 tablespoons
Curry powdert1 teaspoon
- Set the Stage: Begin by preheating your oven to a cozy 175°C (350°F).
- Broccoli Bliss: In a saucepan filled with dreams, steam the broccoli until it’s tender but still vibrant, about 3-4 minutes. Once done, drain and set aside, letting it rest like a star before the big show.
- Creamy Concoction: In a mixing bowl that’s seen many a culinary masterpiece, blend together the cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, a splash of lemon juice, and a hint of curry powder. Mix until it’s smoother than a jazz tune.
- Layering Love: In a greased baking dish, lay out the cooked chicken slices, letting them settle in. Top them with the steamed broccoli, arranging them like green jewels.
- Saucy Drizzle: Pour your creamy mixture over the chicken and broccoli, ensuring every nook and cranny is covered in this luscious sauce.
- Cheesy Dreams: Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top, like golden confetti.
- Crunchy Finale: In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter. Sprinkle this crunchy goodness over the cheese layer, adding that perfect textural contrast.
- Baking Magic: Place the dish in the preheated oven and let it bake for about 25-30 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s bubbly, golden brown, and the aroma fills your kitchen with promises of deliciousness.
- Serve & Savor: Once done, take it out, let it cool for a bit, and then serve. Every bite is a celebration of flavors, textures, and love.