Steeped in the rich culinary traditions of the American South, the Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning is more than just a mix of spices – it’s a passport to the bold and rustic flavors of Texas. This seasoning, a harmonious blend of coarse kosher salt, brown sugar, garlic, and a hint of smoky paprika, is designed to enhance, not overpower, the natural succulence of the steak. As each spice melds together, they create a melody of flavors that promises to elevate your ordinary steak to an extraordinary culinary experience. It’s not just about the seasoning; it’s about bringing a piece of Texan tradition to your dinner table.
Cooking with Passion: Unleashing the Magic of the Grill
Embracing this recipe is like embarking on a culinary adventure, where the grill becomes your stage and the steak, your canvas. The process of seasoning, resting, and grilling is a ritual that transforms cooking from a mundane task to an art form. This Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning invites both seasoned chefs and cooking enthusiasts to discover their talent in the kitchen, encouraging a journey of taste exploration. As the steak sizzles on the grill, the aroma fills the air, promising a meal that’s not just nourishing but also a celebration of flavors, textures, and the joy of grilling.
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the Seasoning Mix: Start by taking a Ziploc bag and adding in the coarse kosher salt, brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, paprika, chili powder, and black pepper. This blend of spices brings together the essence of Texas cooking – a balance of sweetness, heat, and savory notes.
- Mix the Ingredients: Once all the ingredients are in the bag, seal it tightly. Shake the bag vigorously, ensuring that all the spices blend together evenly. This step is crucial as it allows each spice to integrate and create a harmonious flavor profile.
- Season the Steak: Now, take your steak and generously apply the seasoning mix to all sides. The key here is to coat the steak evenly, so every bite is full of flavor. Let the seasoned steak sit for about 40 minutes. This resting period allows the salt to penetrate the meat, breaking down the muscle fibers, resulting in a tender and juicy steak.
- Grill to Perfection: Preheat your grill to a high temperature. Once hot, place the steak on the grill. Let it cook undisturbed for 4-5 minutes. This initial sear will give your steak a beautifully charred crust. After 4-5 minutes, flip the steak to the other side, letting it cook for an additional 4-5 minutes for medium-rare, 7 minutes for medium, or 10 minutes for well done, depending on your preference.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once your steak has reached the desired level of doneness, remove it from the grill. Serve it immediately to enjoy the full spectrum of flavors. The result is a steak that’s not just a meal but an experience – rich, flavorful, and infused with the spirit of Texas.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of salt based on your taste preference.
- Choosing the right steak is crucial. Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, N.Y. Strip, and Ribeye are excellent choices.
- For a quick alternative, use a mix of Lawry’s seasoning salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt.
- Pair this steak with creamy mashed potatoes and rich brown gravy for an ultimate dining experience.