Philly Cheese Steak Casserole: A Comforting Culinary Journey to the Heart of Philadelphia
Embark on a delightful culinary adventure with our Philly Cheese Steak Casserole, a dish that captures the soul of Philadelphia in every bite. Imagine the classic flavors of a traditional Philly cheese steak, but with a cozy, heartwarming twist. This casserole transforms the iconic sandwich into a rich, layered bake that’s perfect for family dinners, potlucks, or any occasion that calls for a touch of comfort food magic.
In this recipe, we marry the robust flavors of ground beef with the fresh, colorful vibrancy of bell peppers and onions. Each layer of meat and vegetables is lovingly topped with creamy, melted provolone cheese, creating a symphony of flavors and textures. The casserole is then bathed in a delicate blend of eggs and heavy whipping cream, adding a rich, custardy dimension that elevates it from a mere meal to a memorable dining experience.
Ideal for both cheese steak aficionados and casserole lovers alike, this Philly Cheese Steak Casserole is more than just a dish—it’s a celebration of simple ingredients coming together to create something extraordinarily delicious. Whether you’re longing for a taste of Philadelphia or just in the mood for a comforting, savory bake, this casserole is sure to satisfy your cravings and warm your heart.
- 1 ½ lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Bell Peppers, chopped
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat Oven: Set your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Brown the Beef: In a skillet over medium-high heat, start browning the ground beef.
- Add Veggies: When the beef is partially cooked, stir in the onions and peppers. Continue cooking until the beef is fully browned and the veggies are softening.
- Season: Add the seasoned salt and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté for another 30 seconds. Then, drain any excess grease.
- Layer in Dish: Place the beef mixture in a greased 9×9 inch baking dish. Layer the provolone cheese slices on top.
- Prepare Egg Mixture: In a bowl, whisk together the heavy whipping cream, Worcestershire sauce, and eggs. Pour this over the beef and cheese in the baking dish.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the casserole is cooked through and nicely set.