Dive into the tantalizing world of flavors with this Loaded Steak Quesadillas recipe, a culinary delight that effortlessly bridges the hearty essence of American cuisine with the vibrant zest of Mexican flavors. Perfect for those who relish the combination of succulent meat and bold spices, this dish is an ideal pick for a cozy family dinner or a lively weekend gathering. At its heart lies the sirloin steak, known for its tenderness and rich flavor, which is masterfully seasoned with a blend of chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic, and onion powder. This spice medley infuses the steak with a depth of flavor that is both earthy and subtly spicy, ensuring every bite is a sensory delight.
The quesadillas are further enriched with an array of fresh and wholesome ingredients, adding layers of texture and taste to the dish. Slices of cherry tomatoes bring a juicy sweetness, while the fire-roasted corn adds a smoky undertone. The black beans and diced avocado contribute a creamy richness that balances the spices, creating a harmonious blend of flavors. All these components are nestled between large, soft flour tortillas, along with a generous amount of taco blend shredded cheese. As the quesadillas bake, the cheese melts into the filling, binding all the ingredients together into a gooey, irresistible core, contrasted by the crisp, golden exterior of the tortillas.
Serving these Loaded Steak Quesadillas is an experience in itself. Once baked to perfection, they are sliced and served hot, garnished with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. These finishing touches add a refreshing brightness to the dish, lifting the flavors and providing a zesty contrast to the rich, savory filling. Whether you’re a steak aficionado or a lover of flavorful, filling meals, this recipe promises a delightful culinary journey. It’s a testament to the joy of cooking and the pleasure of sharing good food with loved ones, making it more than just a meal, but a memorable dining experience.
- 1 lb. Sirloin steak
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- ¼ tsp. Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Oregano
- ¼ tsp. Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 4 Large flour tortillas
- 2 cups Taco blend shredded cheese
- ½ cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup Fire-roasted corn, drained
- ½ cup Black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ Avocado, diced
- Lime juice and chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the Oven: Set your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure it’s ready for baking the quesadillas.
- Prepare the Spice Mix: In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. This blend will give your steak a flavorful kick.
- Season the Steak: Take your sirloin steak and thoroughly coat it with the spice mixture you just prepared. This will infuse the meat with a rich, savory flavor.
- Cook the Steak: Heat a bit of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the steak to your preferred level of doneness. Once cooked, let it rest for a few minutes (to retain its juices) and then cut it into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble the Quesadillas: Place two large flour tortillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup. Sprinkle each tortilla with a quarter cup of taco blend cheese.
- Add Steak and Toppings: Distribute the steak pieces evenly over the two tortillas. Then layer on the black beans, fire-roasted corn, cherry tomatoes, and diced avocado. These ingredients add a wonderful variety of flavors and textures.
- Top with Cheese: Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the toppings. This will help bind all the ingredients together once melted.
- Cover with Tortillas: Place the remaining two large tortillas on top of each assembled quesadilla, creating a ‘sandwich’ with the fillings in the middle.
- Bake the Quesadillas: Put the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. The goal is to melt the cheese thoroughly and get the tortillas to a nice golden brown.
- Serve: Once baked, remove the quesadillas from the oven. Cut them into wedges and serve hot. Garnish with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro for an extra zing and a pop of freshness.
Enjoy your delicious and hearty Loaded Steak Quesadillas! They’re perfect for a satisfying meal or a fun party dish.