Indulge in the delightful flavors of Philadelphia with this easy-to-make Philly Cheesesteak Sliders recipe. Perfect for a quick dinner or a party appetizer, these sliders pack a punch of savory taste in every bite. You’ll need simple ingredients like tender shaved roast beef, creamy provolone cheese, fresh bell pepper, and onions, all layered between soft dinner rolls.
The unique twist here is the homemade Everything Bagel Topping, a blend of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion flakes, and optional black sesame seeds, seasoned with garlic salt for that extra zing. This recipe guides you through sautéing the vegetables to perfection, assembling the sliders with a delicious mayonnaise spread, and baking them to melt the cheese beautifully. The final touch of Everything Bagel butter brushed on top adds an irresistible aroma and flavor, making these sliders a sure hit for any occasion. Enjoy the ease and deliciousness of these Philly Cheesesteak Sliders!
- 1 lb. shaved roast beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 slices provolone cheese
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 dozen dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel Topping
For Everything Bagel Topping
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- Preheat the Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare the Everything Bagel Topping: In a small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion flakes, black sesame seeds (if using), and garlic salt. Mix well and store in an airtight container. This mix will be used for the topping and in the butter mixture.
- Create the Butter Mixture: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and mix it with 2 tablespoons of the Everything Bagel Topping. Set this mixture aside.
- Sauté the Vegetables: In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion, sautéing until they are tender and slightly golden. Once done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the Roast Beef: In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shaved roast beef and cook it until it’s heated through and has a slightly grilled texture.
- Prepare the Rolls: Carefully slice the dinner rolls in half horizontally, trying to keep them connected to form a top and bottom layer. Place the bottom layer in a 9×13 inch baking pan. Spread mayonnaise evenly over the bottom half of the rolls.
- Assemble the Sliders: Distribute the cooked roast beef evenly over the rolls. Layer the provolone cheese slices on top of the beef. Then, sprinkle the sautéed vegetables over the cheese.
- Bake the Sliders: Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Add the Finishing Touches: Remove the sliders from the oven, place the top half of the rolls on top, and brush them with the Everything Bagel butter mixture. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve: Take the sliders out of the oven, cut them into individual sandwiches, and serve while hot.
Enjoy your Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sliders, perfect for a quick meal or a party snack!