Introducing a delightful and easy dessert recipe that’s perfect for those who love the sweet and comforting flavors of peaches and cinnamon. Our “Easy Peach Dumplings” recipe offers a simple yet delicious way to create a warm, inviting dessert that’s ideal for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering or a cozy night in.
In this recipe, we combine the juicy goodness of canned peaches with the convenience of refrigerated crescent roll dough to create dumplings that are both effortless and scrumptious. The dish is further enriched with a decadent buttery sauce made from a blend of granulated and brown sugar, infused with the warm spice of cinnamon. A unique twist is added with a splash of Sprite or citrus soda, which adds a slight effervescence and enhances the flavors.
These dumplings are baked to perfection and served warm, ideally topped with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream for that ultimate comfort food experience. Whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen or a seasoned cook, this recipe is straightforward and sure to impress. Let’s get ready to indulge in these heavenly Easy Peach Dumplings!
- 2 cans (15 oz each) of peaches, drained
- 2 packages (8 oz each) of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups of Sprite or citrus soda
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish thoroughly to prevent sticking.
- Dough Preparation:
- Open the packages of crescent roll dough.
- Unroll and separate the dough into individual triangles.
- Assembling the Dumplings:
- Place one or two peach slices (depending on their size) at the wider end of each dough triangle.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over the peaches for added flavor.
- Carefully roll the dough around the peach slices, starting from the wide end, ensuring that the peach is completely enclosed within the dough.
- Arranging in Baking Dish:
- Once each dumpling is rolled, place it in the greased baking dish.
- Repeat this process until all of the dough and peach slices are used.
- Preparing the Sauce:
- In a large bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon to the melted butter.
- Stir the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Adding the Sauce and Soda:
- Gently pour the butter and sugar mixture over the arranged dumplings, ensuring each is evenly coated.
- Carefully pour the Sprite or citrus soda around the dumplings in the baking dish. Aim to pour around the dough, not over the tops, to maintain a crispier crust.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the dough turns a golden brown on top.
- Once baked, remove the dish from the oven.
- Allow the dumplings to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, ideally with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each dumpling for a delightful contrast of warm and cold.
- Fruit Variations: While this recipe uses peaches, feel free to experiment with other fruits like apples or pears.
- Spice Variations: Nutmeg or cardamom can be used alongside or instead of cinnamon for a different flavor profile.
- Serving Suggestion: These dumplings pair wonderfully with a drizzle of caramel sauce or a sprinkle of powdered sugar for added sweetness.
- Storage: Leftover dumplings can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheated in the oven or microwave.
Enjoy your delicious and easy peach dumplings!