Indulge in the rich and comforting flavors of homemade baking with this delightful Butter Pecan Pound Cake recipe. A classic dessert with a twist, this cake combines the creamy, buttery texture of traditional pound cake with the nutty crunch of toasted pecans, resulting in a truly irresistible treat. Perfect for family gatherings, special occasions, or simply as a sumptuous dessert to enjoy with your afternoon tea or coffee, this recipe offers a satisfying blend of sweetness and texture.
The cake is made with simple, yet high-quality ingredients like real butter, brown sugar, and buttermilk, which contribute to its moist, dense texture. The addition of a special pound cake extract, along with vanilla, elevates the flavor profile, making each bite a delightful experience. Topped with a thick, creamy glaze that melts into the warm cake, this Butter Pecan Pound Cake is not only a joy to bake but also a pleasure to serve and savor.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or new to the kitchen, this recipe is straightforward and rewarding. So, let’s begin this culinary journey and create a masterpiece that’s sure to become a favorite in your dessert repertoire!
- 3 Cups Cake Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Sticks Butter (Room Temperature)
- 5 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Whole Buttermilk (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Pound Cake Extract
- 2 Cups Toasted Pecans
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Ounces Butter
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 4 Teaspoons Half and Half
- Preparation of Cake Batter:
- Begin by preheating your oven to 325°F (163°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is smooth and fluffy. This should take about 3 to 7 minutes.
- Gradually add the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and pound cake extract to infuse the flavors.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Gently fold in the chopped toasted pecans.
- Baking the Cake:
- Grease a tube pan and pour the cake batter into it.
- Bake the cake at 325°F for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Begin checking the cake at 45 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean, indicating that the cake is done.
- Once baked, let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes before transferring it to a cake plate. Cover the cake to prevent it from drying out. A tight-fitting cake pan is ideal for this.
- Preparing the Thick Glaze:
- In a bowl, mix together powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, and half and half until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
Serve this decadent Butter Pecan Pound Cake as a delightful dessert after dinner or with a cup of tea or coffee for an indulgent treat. The rich flavors of butter and pecans, combined with the creamy glaze, make this cake a sure hit for any gathering or special occasion. Enjoy!