Looking to elevate your steak dinner to the next level? Try this Best Steak Marinade recipe, a perfect blend of flavors that will transform your steak into a culinary masterpiece. This recipe combines the savory goodness of soy sauce, the richness of olive oil, the tangy kick of fresh lemon juice, and the depth of Worcestershire sauce. To enhance these flavors, we add a mix of garlic powder, dried basil, parsley, and a touch of ground white pepper. For those who enjoy a bit of heat, there’s an option to include hot pepper sauce and dried minced garlic. The process is simple: blend these ingredients, let your steak soak in this delicious marinade for up to 8 hours, and then cook it to your liking. Get ready for a steak experience that’s bursting with flavor and guaranteed to impress!
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (optional)
- Preparation of Marinade: In a blender, combine the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley, and ground white pepper. If you prefer a bit of a kick to your marinade, feel free to add the hot pepper sauce and dried minced garlic.
- Blending: Blend the mixture on high speed for about 30 seconds or until it is completely mixed and has a uniform consistency.
- Marinating the Steak: Place your steak in a large, shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag. Pour the prepared marinade over the steak, ensuring it is well-coated. If using a bag, squeeze out excess air and seal it.
- Refrigerating: Allow the steak to marinate in the refrigerator. For the best flavor, marinate for at least 2 hours. However, if you have time, marinating for up to 8 hours will intensify the flavors.
- Cooking the Steak: Remove the steak from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you plan to cook it. This allows the meat to come to room temperature, which helps in cooking it evenly.
- Grilling or Pan-Searing: You can either grill or pan-sear the steak. If grilling, preheat your grill to high and cook the steak for 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness and your desired level of doneness. For pan-searing, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the steak for the same amount of time.
- Resting the Steak: After cooking, let the steak rest for about 5 minutes before slicing. This helps in retaining the juices and flavors.
- Choosing the Steak: This marinade works well with various cuts of steak, such as ribeye, sirloin, or filet mignon.
- Marinade Quantity: The amount of marinade used can be adjusted based on the quantity of steak. Ensure that the steak is well-covered.
- Herb Variations: Feel free to experiment with other herbs like thyme or oregano for a different flavor profile.
- Soy Sauce Alternative: If you want to reduce sodium intake, consider using low-sodium soy sauce.
Enjoy your flavorful and tender steak!