Have you ever prepared a Spanish potato omelet before? Do you know how to make it so that it is well cooked on the outside and slightly creamy on the inside?
Well, I’m going to show you how to prepare a classic potato omelette, with the basic ingredients: eggs, potatoes, onion, olive oil and salt.
This is a recipe that requires some practice but it is not difficult at all. If you follow my instructions you will be able to cook a perfect omelet.
- 500 gr of unpeeled potatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into slices or wedges not too thin.
- Chop the onion into julienne strips.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan, where all your ingredients fit, with plenty of olive oil.
- Add the potatoes and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Then add the onions. Lower the heat a little more and put the lid on. Cook together for half an hour, stirring occasionally, until the potato is soft and lightly browned.
- The onion should be translucent, almost yellow, but not brown.
- Remove the potato and onion mixture and place it in a large plastic container.
- At this point you are going to add salt to taste and stir to distribute evenly.
- Chop all the eggs in another smaller plastic container and beat them well.
- Then add the eggs together with the potatoes and the onion and stir everything together.
- Now you are going to finish making the omelet. What you need is for the mixture to set and take the corresponding appearance, see the photos.
- In the same frying pan you used to fry the ingredients put a dash of olive oil and pour the mixture. Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Then flip the tortilla. Use the lid of the pan or a large plate to help you, so that you simply flip the pan over the lid and then carefully push the tortilla back into the pan to cook on the other side.
- Let the tortilla set for another 1 minute.
- Now simply turn off the heat and carefully remove your tortilla from the pan. You can place it on a large plate, on a platter or on a wooden board.
Let it come to room temperature before eating.