Water – 3/4 Cups.
Sugar – 1 Tablespoon
Quick dry yeast – 2 teaspoons
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Flour – 2 Cups
Cornflour – 2 Tablespoons
Salt – To taste
Butter – 2 Tablespoons
Garlic – 1 clove
Parmesan cheese – 20 grams
Mozzarella” Cheese – 120gm
- Dissolve active dry yeast and sugar in warm water. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes, until a layer of thick foam appears.
- Mix 1 cup of flour and salt to taste in a separate bowl, pour yeast mixture into this bowl and add olive oil.
- Stir until mixture is uniform and smooth.
- Add to the mixture 1/3 of the remaining flour at a time and after each addition, mix thoroughly until you have a dough.
- Transfer the dough to a surface sprinkled with flour and knead, then form it into a ball and place it in a bowl. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave for 2 hours until the dough has doubled in size.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, sprinkle with cornmeal, take the dough and place it on the parchment. Roll it out across the baking tray so that it is about 1 cm thick.
- Peel garlic and chop, grate two kinds of cheese. Put butter and garlic in a small container, melt butter in the microwave.
- Using a brush, spread the garlic and butter mixture over the dough.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the dough.
- Place the tray in a preheated 190 degree oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges of the dough are just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Slice the bread lengthwise into sticks, cool and serve, garnished with fresh herbs.