Yolk – 2 Units
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Water – 1 to 3 teaspoons (ice cold)
Powdered sugar – 1 Taste
Salt – 1 pinch
Butter – 1 cup
How to Make
Christmas cookies in shortbread dough – photo step 1
- The dough is quite simple: combine cold butter with flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Rub them into a homogeneous crumb. Add the egg yolks and a little cold water. Stir in powdered sugar to taste.
Christmas cookies in shortbread – photo step 2.
Put the dough in the fridge for about 30-45 minutes, and only then roll out the dough on a work surface.
Christmas Cookies in shortbread – photo step 3
- Use the notches to cut out the cookies. Preheat the oven in parallel to 180 degrees.
Christmas cookies in shortbread dough – photo step 4
- Place the cookies on a baking tray greased with butter or lined with parchment. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. It is important not to overcook them, or they will be dry.
Christmas Cookies in shortbread dough – photo step 5
- Finished cookies cool on a rack.
Christmas Dough Cookies – photo step 6
- And then it all depends on your imagination. Decorate the cookies with icing, add sprinkles, sprinkle with powdered sugar or decorate them with colored icing.