How to make a delicious Chocolate Coffee Cake with two kinds of cream recipe at home.
Hot freshly brewed coffee – 255ml.
Flour – 200 gr.
Cocoa powder – 150 gr.
Soda – 1,5 tsp.
Baking powder – 2 gr.
Salt – a pinch
Egg – 1.5 pcs./ 60 gr.
Sunflower oil – 110 ml.
Sugar – 470 gr.
Buttermilk – 255 gr.
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
Dark chocolate 58% – 325 gr.
Butter – 24 gr.
Whole milk – 230 ml.
Cream 33% – 350 ml.
Egg yolk – 9 units.
Sugar – 75 gr.
Corn starch – 2 teaspoon.
Egg yolks – 3 pcs.
Sugar – 75 gr.
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
Instant coffee – 1 tsp.
Butter – 170g, room temperature
Freshly brewed coffee – 80 ml.
Sugar – 15g.
Dark chocolate 63% – 65 gr.
Cream 33% – 75 ml.
Honey – 20 gr.
Butter – 25 gr.
How to cook chocolate coffee cake recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 175C, line three 18 cm tins with parchment, butter the edges and lightly sprinkle with cocoa.
- Sift the flour and mix with the cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sunflower oil and sugar until smooth for 1 minute on high speed.
- Add the hot coffee and continue to whisk until well blended. The coffee will help dissolve the sugar, but it shouldn’t be so hot that the eggs will boil – which is why it’s important to keep whisking while adding the coffee.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla extract and whisk together for another 1 minute.
- Then pour in the dry ingredient mixture and mix with a spatula for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared molds and bake for 35-37 minutes in the center of the oven, checking readiness with a toothpick. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Wrap in clingfilm and place in the fridge overnight.
- To make the chocolate cream, chop the chocolate in a heatproof bowl along with the butter.
- Mix the milk and cream and heat in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Mix sugar and starch, add 5 tablespoons of milk and cream mixture, stir to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk until frothy.
- When the milk and cream mixture is boiling, we pour it in a thin stream into the egg-starch mixture, stirring all the time so that the eggs do not boil. After the two mixtures have combined, return them back to the pot.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and 82C.
- Immediately remove from heat and pour through a sieve into a bowl with the butter and chocolate.
- Leave for a minute, then stir until homogeneous and smooth.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight.
- To make the coffee cream, put the yolks in a heatproof container, add sugar to them and immediately begin to whip until foamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and instant coffee, continuing to whisk. The coffee granules will dissolve later.
- Place the bowl in a water bath and heat, stirring with a silicone spatula and cleaning the sides of the bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- Heat the mixture to 71C to make the cream safe from salmonella, then remove from the water bath and whisk until thickened. The mixture should fall off the spatula in a ribbon and cool to room temperature.
- Beat the butter with a mixer for about 5 minutes on high speed.
- Continuing to whisk, add 1 tablespoon of butter, kneading well after each addition. Once all the butter has been added, whisk for another 2 minutes.
- This cream is stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Before using, the chilled cream should be allowed to warm to room temperature until it becomes softer. If it splits, it should be whipped until combined.
- To make the custard, mix hot coffee and sugar, then let cool to room temperature.
- To assemble the cake, soak the first layer with about half of the impregnation, then cover with a layer of chocolate cream, about 180 grams, top with a layer of coffee cream, about 130 grams.
- Cover with the next biscuit, soaking it with the remaining half of the cream. Repeat the application of two layers of cream, cover with the third cake.
- Cover the entire cake with a layer of chocolate cream, saving some for decoration. Take it to the fridge for 1 hour.