How to make Chocolate Coffee Cake with Strawberries recipe. There is a lot of love in the air today🥰 and also on TV, in stores, in social media feeds))) And I have a very cool and delicious cake for you that you will surely love. Especially chocoholics and coffee addicts. Personally, I am not a coffee drinker at all, I like to drink coffee only with milk or ice cream, but when it comes to coffee-flavored desserts…. then there’s seven of me! The best friend of coffee is chocolate, they complement each other perfectly, emphasizing the bright flavors and creating a unique duo. Add to them fruity and berry notes and voila – you can swallow your tongue! So, here’s the recipe for the cake. “COFFEE ICE-CREAM.
- The recipe is for a cake with a diameter of 18-20 cm. Weight…I forgot to weigh it, but definitely more than 2 kg, up to 2.5 kg.
- After baking and ripening in the fridge, the cake will shrink by 1 cm, take it into account.
- The condensed chocolate and coffee cream, which is part of the cream, you can not buy anywhere, they must be made the day before themselves, because they are all the charm of a delicate chocolate and coffee flavor. After making the cream, you can proceed immediately to assemble the cake.
- Also the day before (the day before) assembling the cake, you need to prepare the biscuit and berry filling.
- If you replace the milk chocolate with dark / bitter, it will give the cream its tartness. Taste how you like it.
- I heated up some 33% cream, poured it over the dark chocolate, stirred it and piped it over the edge of the cold cake with a piping bag. The proportions are 1:1 (100 ml of cream + 100 g of chocolate).
- The cake is decorated with slices of sponge cake in ganache and air rice.
250 g sugar
250 g flour
150 ml milk
100 ml of unscented vegetable oil
30 grams of cocoa powder
10 g instant coffee (not in bags!)
8 g of baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp apple or wine vinegar (6-9%)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract (paste, essence, vanilla, whatever you have)
2 tbsp coffee or cream liqueur
Condensed chocolate and coffee creamer:
(included in the cream)
200 ml cream of 33%.
50 g butter
1 tbsp honey or glucose syrup
10 g instant coffee
200g milk chocolate
500 g condensed chocolate-coffee cream
600g of curd (cream cheese)
300 g strawberries (cherries, blueberries, blueberries, raspberries, currants)
1 tbsp corn starch
40 ml cold water
1-2 tbsp sugar
80 ml boiling hot water
2 Tbsp condensed milk
1 Tbsp instant coffee
How to make Chocolate Coffee Cake with Strawberries recipe step by step
- Beat the eggs with half the sugar and the vanilla extract. Heat the milk to dissolve the coffee, then mix with the butter and liqueur (if the liqueur is not available, you can exclude it). Allow to cool. Combine all the dry ingredients, sift, then mix with the remaining sugar. In three strokes, alternating, add the liquid and dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Pour in the vinegar. The biscuit can be baked in one mold, but it is better to divide into two, covering them with foil matte side up to avoid a large lump. Bake at 170 degrees for 50-60 minutes, until the skewers are dry. Be guided by your oven! Wrap the cooled biscuits in clingfilm and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Condensed chocolate and coffee creamer:
Put all the ingredients except the chocolate in a saucepan and place over a slightly lower medium heat. Boil for 10-12 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from the stove and, when the bubbles have calmed down, pour in the condensed coffee creamer over the chocolate. Stir, cover with cling film, and leave to cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge.
Take the cream out of the refrigerator beforehand, so that it takes room temperature and it was easier to whip, because the mass will be dense. The cheese is cold. You can take it out of the fridge 15 minutes beforehand. Whip the chocolate and coffee cream first until light (1-2 minutes), then add the cheese a spoonful at a time. Whisk everything until smooth. * The cream is enough for the inside and the rough layer. If you need a full finishing layer, you can increase the amount of cheese by 200-300 grams, and adjust the sweetness with powdered sugar (to taste and need). Or make a separate ganache and cover the cake with it.
Any of your favorite berries will work for the filling of this cake, especially those with sourness. But the bone ones will need to be rubbed through a sieve, in general, as desired. I had frozen strawberries in small berries, I kept them whole when boiling. Put the berries and sugar in a saucepan and simmer gently. Dissolve the starch in the water and pour it into the berries, boil, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until it thickens. Remove from the stove, pour into a bowl, cover with cling film and cool in the fridge.
The sponge doesn’t need soaking, but the cake itself needs even more coffee flavor and aroma, so you can soak the cakes a bit. If desired (for adults), a tablespoon of liqueur can be added to the impregnation. Combine everything, stir and chill.
- Assembling the cake:
Cut the biscuit into 4 cakes, cut off the tops, soak the cakes. Butter the first cake with cream, put 1/3 of the berry filling. Not up to the edge! Leave 2-3 cm for a creamy rim. Cover the filling with cream, the next layer and repeat the manipulation. You need 250-270 grams of cream for 1 layer. Wrap the cake in acetate film, put it in a split ring and leave in the refrigerator overnight.